Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Pics
I had 4 silver laced bantams hatch this morning! Started with 10, 4 clears and 2 quit. So we'll see how these turn out. I need a nice hen, and every time I hatch eggs I only get one hen !!! So frustrating. This is a slow process :/ I just have to tell myself it will get better...slowly but surely, right?

I had 4 silver laced bantams hatch this morning! Started with 10, 4 clears and 2 quit. So we'll see how these turn out. I need a nice hen, and every time I hatch eggs I only get one hen !!! So frustrating. This is a slow process
hmm.png
I just have to tell myself it will get better...slowly but surely, right?

not sure what's up with the ones I've hatched, but each one just failed to thrive and quit, except 1 who still looks good... cross fingers for a pullet.

I got this chick with my other two silver cochins, but it doesn't have feathered feet. Alice is 7 days old and spunky, but very small.I'm pretty new to this and any suggestions are appreciated. thanks

I hatched out 11 SL chicks so far and I have 11 more due in 2 weeks.

By the way, I managed to get those 11 chicks by incubating nearly 150 eggs. Nearly all of them were infertile.
hmm.png

Vent feathers have been trimmed, but it didn't help. I think I may need to AI if I really want to get going.

Back
Top Bottom