Silver Laced English Orp

Hi everyone! I have a English Silver Laced Orpington Roo and I was curious if anyone has bred their English Orpington with a Rhode island red \ Astralorp \ Black Star \ Gold Buff Orpington or any other pure or mix breeds? Mine is 8 months old and I would love to know what his babies will look like! Photos are of my roo 💜
Rhode Island red x - chicks will be mostly silver with partial black lacing, mostly silver with minimal to no lacing, black with silver leakage, and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Male chicks will have yellowish feathering instead of clean silver and may have red leakage.)

Australorp x - black with silver leakage on hackles (and saddle and shoulders for roosters) and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering.)

Black star (black sex link) x - black with silver leakage on hackles (and saddle and shoulders for roosters), black with partial silver lacing, black with a large amount of silver leakage (silver on chest and back), and/or mostly silver with messy black lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering and may have red leakage.)

Buff Orpington x - mostly silver with partial black lacing, mostly silver with minimal to no lacing, black with silver leakage, and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering and may have red leakage.)

Shoot I'm sorry I definitely got mixed up there. I have a SLW x gold buff orpington mix that I got around the same time as this guy, I was thinking of a different breeder.
I definitely need to go back and change that. Rip I'm an airhead
Do you have a picture of the SLW x buff Orpington? The silver laced x buff Orpington chicks will likely look very similar to that cross.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the SLW x buff Orpington? The silver laced x buff Orpington chicks will likely look very similar to that cross.
Sadly I don't have any photos of him! The SLW x BO mix was a (fertile egg gift) from my neighbor's flock. (She gave me three eggs and only 1 hatched) he turned out to be a rooster and I rehomed him last month when he started to challenge my current roo. He looked pretty similar to my English Orpington roo and that's definitely why I confused them (although he had a bit more gold\red)🤦‍♀️🤫🤣 I will ask my neighbor if she has any more of that mix - and if I could come over to take some photos of them! I'm sure she wouldn't mind🤗

Last edited:
Rhode Island red x - chicks will be mostly silver with partial black lacing, mostly silver with minimal to no lacing, black with silver leakage, and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Male chicks will have yellowish feathering instead of clean silver and may have red leakage.)

Australorp x - black with silver leakage on hackles (and saddle and shoulders for roosters) and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering.)

Black star (black sex link) x - black with silver leakage on hackles (and saddle and shoulders for roosters), black with partial silver lacing, black with a large amount of silver leakage (silver on chest and back), and/or mostly silver with messy black lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering and may have red leakage.)

Buff Orpington x - mostly silver with partial black lacing, mostly silver with minimal to no lacing, black with silver leakage, and/or black with partial silver lacing. (Males will have yellowish feathering and may have red leakage.)
Thank you SO MUCH! This information is amazing and so helpful!

@RoostersAreAwesome I know this thread is a bit old, but if you don't mind I have one more question to ask. Do you know what the babies from this Easter egger x RIR hen would look like with my SL English Orpington father?
This is the hen, she is solid orange with green legs.
I'm curious because I have a broody hen that is currently sitting on two of her⬇ eggs
♥️ No pressure though, you have helped me out a ton in this thread already ♥️
IMG_2430 (1).JPG

@RoostersAreAwesome I know this thread is a bit old, but if you don't mind I have one more question to ask. Do you know what the babies from this Easter egger x RIR hen would look like with my SL English Orpington father?
This is the hen, she is solid orange with green legs.
I'm curious because I have a broody hen that is currently sitting on two of her⬇ eggs
♥️ No pressure though, you have helped me out a ton in this thread already ♥️
View attachment 2571352
They’ll probably look like the RIR x SL Orpington in coloring (listed in the message you quoted). Though, because of the mixed colors of EEs, you may get some offspring that look completely different. Also, half or all of the chicks will have beards.

Back
Top Bottom