Silver Laced Orpington Breeding

Well it could have come from the Recessive White hen, right?
I am NOT a color genetics informed person. While i love learning genetics in high school, it eludes me now.....
But from my limited understanding, i dont think this chick came from her. Her underlying color would probably be black, lavender, or maybe blue? Maybe some chocolate. We do think my slo to my dw recessive is giving dw recessive chicks though. I got another one in my second hatch (my first and only orp hatch this year). Because he has a white gene in him to make that lacing, it pairs up with hers. Makes sense to me anyways. Now if the chick would just inherit her father's sweet loving personality, all would be great. Another thing that seems to happen is all the dw recessive chicks that hatch have been girls. And they are super soft.....
Now whether that has anything to do with it, I have no idea, but i guess if I get a whole bunch that are girls and no boys then there may be something to it?

Little late to this party, but I haven't see much on my project.. I let my Isabel roo over a silver-laced hen and will see/post the results over the next day or two. Understanding the isabel gene is diluted lav I'm thinking there will be mostly black with some split to lav or isabel. Would any of you wonderful people care to weigh in?

Back
Top Bottom