Silver Laced Orpington

Thanks for looking them over for me. I've got one more than I didn't get a picture of. I'll get a picture of it in just a little bit. One of them is a week older than the others, but I think it's the one without a band on in the picture.

Their bands were too getting tight in the picture. They've been changed to bigger sizes now. Thanks for watching out for them. I don't think many people would be willing to say anything about that sort of thing and, if they did, they would be snarky, so I appreciate the tasteful mention of it.

Thanks for the compliment on the birds as well. I'm really pleased with them. They sure are sweet birds and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they mature to be.

I don't think many people would be willing to say anything about that sort of thing and, if they did, they would be snarky, so I appreciate the tasteful mention of it.

Absolutely! I'm so glad I didn't come off like a busy body, b***h or anything. I can't stand it when people do that. But I have had incidents in the past with leg bands and it always makes you feel awful. That's why I haven't banded any of mine. Although I really need to. I just hate the way zip ties look...lol

And they are seriously gorgeous. They've laced in really well to be so young. Where did you get them? I've got five different bloodlines in just the Silver-laced. This is my first year with them. I'd be very interested in doing an egg swap later when your's a breeding. :)

I wish mine would quit molting. They look awful right now. But it's hot down here and I'm sure they like not being as feathered as they were...lol But it makes me long for autumn and seeing them on green grass scratching through fallen leaves. :)

I got them from Thunder Creek Farm in Virginia. I'm really inexperienced with them, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for with them just yet, and there's not really a lot of information out there about them.

I fell head over heels in love with Buff Orpingtons and, after that, Silver Laced just seemed like the next obvious step. Lol. So I'll figure these out as I go.

Thanks for the info on the thread. I'll definitely check it out! It's always good to have fellow breeders and enthusiast to toss ideas around with and get advice from.

And I'd be happy to do an egg swap when we get to that point. We, obviously, are nowhere near ready for breeding yet, but I'm excited for when it comes time. I can't wait to have these fluffy little babies running around everywhere!

Thanks for that. I looked them up and they have a nice looking website and some great pictures.

Definitely come over and see all the fun. You'll know what to expect those gorgeous babies to turn in to. :)

I really dont but silver laced both parent have to have silver laced gene like mottled gene, i have to make silver laced naked neck, i have a pair a silver laced orpington, and i have black, white, barred naked neck hens and columbian naked neck rooster

Back
Top Bottom