Silver laced over mottled

maralpz2006

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 21, 2007
mississippi
I have a mottled naked hen and a black split mottled frizzle hen and i have a silver laced orpington rooster i just wondering what should i get of these crosses, somebody know please let me know

This chart should help.
Molted Gene Chart.png

I'm getting ready to start working on some NN Aloha's over here, and I was told by the original creator of the Aloha's not to use my NN Louie for the project because although he does have the yellow leg's that's required, that he is silver based with the columbian pattern. So, I have to revamp my breeding pen's and search for the colored necked neck pullet's that I need for doing this.

As far as the mix that you are trying to do, I don't have an answer for it. I guess that you could try it and see what come's out of it, if you are not breeding or showing to the SOP standard's.

Edit: my new rooster for this project will be here in the morning.

I have a mottled naked hen and a black split mottled frizzle hen and i have a silver laced orpington rooster i just wondering what should i get of these crosses, somebody know please let me know
Do you have pictures of them? The F1 offspring could vary from completely black, to black with silver leakage, to black with partial silver lacing. As for what a mottled silver laced bird would look like, they would probably be primarily white. They’d look similar to a tolbunt polish, but with silver instead of gold lacing.

Back
Top Bottom