Silver Laced Polish 5 Weeks

Updated pictures. Waddles are starting to turn red...

Looking at the way the crest is coming in im leaning towards boy, and the reddening of the waddles. I don't know when polish get their red waddles and such but I do know that in general, chicks shouldn't his early. what is the behavior like? Its kinda a long run cause I have 2 cochin silkie mix Roosters and they have red waddles and combs and I think they are 4-6 weeks. Their behavior is like the usual rooster, on even tried to fight my shoes. But despite the way they act one is barred with female barring (female vs. male barring is different).
I also have a Serama that acts like a female, is extremely passive and is playful, and if I didn't know any better I would think its a female. but it has a red comb and waddles and is the same age as the other roosters.

All chickens act differently, but I do believe you got a rooster there. I hope where you live you can keep him cause he's beautiful.

Unfortunately I've never had roosters before so I really don't know how they act. Charlie is more stand offish. Doesn't like to be picked up and held. Likes to body check the rest of his budies. Same with my silkie who I believe is also a boy. I actually can't keep him if he turns out to be a rooster. We have a City ordinance against roosters :(.

Looks just like my Marge did at that age. I kept thinking she was a rooster too almost up until she laid her first egg.

Updated pictures. Waddles are starting to turn red...

So I know this thread is a few months old now, but what was the final determination? Did you end up with a roo or a pullet?
I have an 8-9 week old that from day to day I change my mind over. Yesterday I thought roo, today she's my little baby girl... My Houdan was pretty easy with giant red waddles and crowing at 8 weeks, but my little Poley PoPo, keeps me guessing.

Back
Top Bottom