Silver-Laced Polish, Pullet or Cockerel? - 11 weeks old

birds_and_snakes

Chirping
May 1, 2023
Hey! I have three 11 week old Silver Laced Polish chicks, one I know is a male and one I know is a female. This one is what we've been calling our "tweener" because it's exhibiting some pointed/crazy head feathers, but it's much smaller than my "known" cockerel, and the head shape is still pretty rounded and way less "crazy" than the male. What're your thoughts? The more I look the more I think pullet, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 12.29.40 PM.png

Hey! I have three 11 week old Silver Laced Polish chicks, one I know is a male and one I know is a female. This one is what we've been calling our "tweener" because it's exhibiting some pointed/crazy head feathers, but it's much smaller than my "known" cockerel, and the head shape is still pretty rounded and way less "crazy" than the male. What're your thoughts? The more I look the more I think pullet, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks!!!

View attachment 3545485
I would say pullet.

The crest is very rounded and tidy, so that says pullet. This photo isn't very telling though. We can't look for wattles. I'm leaning pullet though. Basty has been quoted, so I won't need to do it. This bird has a nice crest though!

The crest is very rounded and tidy, so that says pullet. This photo isn't very telling though. We can't look for wattles. I'm leaning pullet though. Basty has been quoted, so I won't need to do it. This bird has a nice crest though!
I have been building my enormous quail aviary all weekend. ☺️ Didn't make it over to BYC.

The bird has a very nice crest. And likely a pullet. But some body shots and wattle check would be good.

Back
Top Bottom