1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver laced roo crossed with hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jmatthewhill, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jmatthewhill

jmatthewhill Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    Cabot, AR
    I have a silver laced wyandotte rooster. I have several different kinds of hens and was wondering if someone could tell me what the crosses might look like so I would know what eggs i might want to put in the incubator. Obviously I know what they will look like that come from my SLW hens but here are the other hens I have,
    Columbian Wyandotte
    Gold Laced Wyandotte
    Barred Rock
    Buff Rock
    Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Thanks for any help!

2. foothillsfiber

foothillsfiber Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Arkansas
    There is a thread on here that is about sex linked chicks. it says that the slw roo x barred rock will yield black sex link chicks.

3. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    This post might get more responses if placed in the Breeds and Genetics forum.

4. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    any barred chicks will be roo... the ones off non laced hens will be partial lace, all bred with laced gold based hens will give intermidiate silver/ gold roo and silver hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by