algrosvenor96

In the Brooder
May 16, 2019
Michigan
I was wondering if any one has had issues with silver laced wyandottes bullying. I introduced a couple silver laced Wyandotte six week old pullets to my other six week old ee pullets and one of my silver laced wyandottes started to chafe the other birds away from one of my water and food stations but haven’t had issues with the two new ee’s We added. Was wondering what other people’s experiences were with the breeds?

I was wondering if any one has had issues with silver laced wyandottes bullying. I introduced a couple silver laced Wyandotte six week old pullets to my other six week old ee pullets and one of my silver laced wyandottes started to chafe the other birds away from one of my water and food stations but haven’t had issues with the two new ee’s We added. Was wondering what other people’s experiences were with the breeds?
Yeah ours were really mean to the other chickens too. I really wanted blue laced red but....

Oh no I have one that seems to be ok I’m hoping they start to get along
Mines been a meanie for years but she has never injured anyone.
She's just mean with her ugly pecks.

I really don't like her.
I will never get another one no matter how pretty they are.
She was my first of the breed and she ruined the breed for me.

Started with eggs. 2/3 turned out to be roos, rehomed them together two years ago. Didn't want roos; mating and crowing and and and... (we have roosters now. Times change)
She died of egg-binding. As I remember they were all kinda mean. Pretty, but would not do again.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue![/QUOTE
I had heard they were supposed to be friendly but hearing this news is kind of discouraging :(

Has anyone had a nice silver laced Wyandotte? I was hoping cause they are around the same age their wouldn’t be much of an issue I ordered two Easter Eggers with her and the other slw and she doesn’t go after the ones she was shipped with so I wonder if it’s just being around a new group.

Has anyone had a nice silver laced Wyandotte? I was hoping cause they are around the same age their wouldn’t be much of an issue I ordered two Easter Eggers with her and the other slw and she doesn’t go after the ones she was shipped with so I wonder if it’s just being around a new group.
Yes...when introducing new birds it can be ugly for a while. Give them a few weeks to get used to each other.

Back
Top Bottom