Silver Penciled Rocks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by CindyJeann, Jul 20, 2011.

1. CindyJeann

CindyJeann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Miller County Arkansas
    Anyone know where to get some?

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:I heard I think it was Wynette on here that have some.

3. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

How many do you want? I was going to put some on craigslist. I got 14 strait-run and I'm keeping my girls, but have 9 roos that are almost 6 wks old and I only want to keep 3, so if you want to drive to Tulsa, I can hook you up with 6 boys, $5 each

4. Jwhip

Jwhip Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2010
    Are you looking for Standard or Bantam?

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Are you looking for good ones, are you going to show them?
    If so PM Robert Blosl hes the Secretary/Treasurer of the Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America and may be able to put you in touch of a good breeder.

Chris

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  7. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Did you ever get any of this breed? If so, how are they doing?

8. Longhorns&Chickens

Longhorns&Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Where do you get some of these? I found a pair on craig's list, but my hubby wanted young pullets, and this was an older pair, that weren't laying consistantly. I'm from MI and would love to add some of these to my little flock in the future!

9. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Longhorns&Chickens :

Where do you get some of these? I found a pair on craig's list, but my hubby wanted young pullets, and this was an older pair, that weren't laying consistantly. I'm from MI and would love to add some of these to my little flock in the future!

You just have to search around. I would go with a breeder vs. a hatchery and as an above post mentioned Wynette has some for sale and I think has a website also. I got mine from McMurry hatchery but not real happy with the feather pencil quality. If you look at "Happy Chooks" pics you'll notice the crisp lines from black to white on the chevron "V" on each feather, mine aren't that good and more jagged looking and hoping they'll improve as they get older, but that is the quality difference between hatchery vs. breeder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    Wynette has LOVELY birds. I hatched out 12 about 3-4 months ago and I absolutely love them. I'd say jump on her auction that she's running now. My girls from that hatch are just beautiful, and their feather patterning is already quite nice. Can't wait to start hatching my own eggs in the spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by