Silver Pied bred to White??

You need two COPIES of the white eye gene for it to be expressed. As for the bird in the picture it's hard to tell since his train is folded but a silver pied is usually defined as a pied bird with 75-85% white coverage while also displaying the white eye characteristic. If there's no white eye being expressed it's just a pied.

Will I get the same result regardless of if White hen to Silver Pied male or Silver Pied hen to White male. I'm assuming so.
The same result !
All the silver pied are white eyes !there is NO silver pied without white eyes !
The peacock on the pic is a pied peacock white eyes .... a pied with at least 80% of white feathers.Is there silver feathers on the back? I doubt !

The same result !
All the silver pied are white eyes !there is NO silver pied without white eyes !
The peacock on the pic is a pied peacock white eyes .... a pied with at least 80% of white feathers.Is there silver feathers on the back? I doubt !
Have another question for you since you answer them so kindly.
smile.png

Had someone say they want green on the necks of the Silver Pied peahens. Only 1 of my 4 peahens have a little green on her neck which appeared when she was about 3 years old. Should they or shouldn't they have green or does it matter? 1 of my SP peahens has quite a bit of gray (silver) on her. I'd say more then 20% so does that make her not a Silver Pied?

They have some " silvering " on they feathers ... they are bright grey clear .
They can have some green feathers .... because they are BLUE silver pied.

They have some " silvering " on they feathers ... they are bright grey clear .
They can have some green feathers .... because they are BLUE silver pied.

Thanks.

Have decided to put a Silver Pied hen in with White male but still haven't figured out what to do with my Cameo hen. She's the only Cameo I have. What will I get if put her with a White male?

You will get all IB chicks split white, only the males will be split cameo.

Darn, really enjoy my Cameo hen and had hoped I could get something other then IB chicks from her but guess it's out of the question. I almost bought a Cameo male recently but didn't due to not having enough pens. Have five 10 x 30 foot, 10 feet high and during breeding season a male in each one. Can't free range here with all the predators. The result is eventual death for the peafowl. I'm letting some of them out during the day now but get them back in for the night.

Thanks much.

General rule of thumb is that if you breed two peafowl that are different colors the offspring will "default" to india blue coloration. With the sex linked colors such as peach, cameo, purple, and violeta it's different but even though the male birds might be split to cameo you won't be able to tell just by looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom