Silver Sussex?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Aug 10, 2011.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I met a person today who said they had a friend selling Silver Sussex for $150 per trio. I looked it up and it is indeed rare. This person wants to know if he buys them will I keep them here and we can split any babies I hatch. (He can't have roosters where he lives). I told him to send me a picture to see if they really are these rare Silver Sussex.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Are they true "Silvers", and not Coronation or Lights? I c ouldn't tell you what the fair rate would be for a "silver", but....

Just an FYI, I bought a "Light Sussex" pullet back in April, for $15-$20? I can't remember. The "Coronations" were going for $40 for a 2-3 month old. Beautiful birds, definitely breeder quality.

3. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Can you post the pics here when you get them please?

Good ones are very nice birds, problem is from what I've seen there are a lot of not so good ones and crosses over there selling for a lot of money. If they are nice I'd say that is quite reasonable. In fact, I'd expect to pay more than that here. [​IMG]

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Sure I'll post pics if/ when he sends them.

Can you post a pic of a "good" one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by