Simple ingredients for Home Ground feed Recipe Possible?

dietcocane

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
Commercial Starter/Broiler Feed is very Stinky. In a months time ill start with 15 broilers, got a 55 square feet cage which i think would be enough for them. My first time with Broilers.

MY question is can we mill the following things to make a Home ground Starter,layer and broiler feed. Hope this question will help a lot of ppl in the forum as these Things are available All over the world easily.

- Rice (12.8 % protien)
- Corn (9 % protein )
- wheat (12.5 % protein)
- OAT (14 % protein )
- Millet (9 % protein)
- Lentils (24 % protien)
- dry Skimmed milk (3% protien)
- vegetable oil
- Lean beef mince dried (28% protein)
- Sunflower Seed (26.3 % protien)
- Finely Crushed marble ( as a grit) ?
- Natural Salt + cord liver oil for Vitamin A and minerals

* Protein BY WEIGHT OF FEED

Please Suggest % of the above to make 10 lbs of home Mix for Starter,layer and broiler. if its possible ?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
You also need to allow for things like vitamin A or beta carotene, that those foods are deficient in. Are you planning on using a vitamin or vitamin and mineral mix? Or adding additional foods?

You can feed all of that to chickens. For broilers, you would want to shoot for 20-28% protein. I don't know the protein content of your inputs, so it is hard to get a precise formula. People have had good luck with letting the chickens make their own mix. Put the high protein items like the beef in a separate feeder from the grain products. The chickens will eat what they need. Or that is what works for some.

I've never found feed to be stinky. It is possible you had a bad batch. 15 broilers should eat through feed bags pretty quickly and it is not like you are going to have an opened bag lying around for weeks.
wink.png

Thank you.. you are right.. will have to Add a lil propotion of Natural Salt of minerals , can add Cord liver oil for Vitamin A.. where am living i can;t get any supplementary stuff... adding them to the link.. Thank a lot for your answer.

Thank you Soo much pkeeler for your Input let me get the protein content of the above from google....

Back
Top Bottom