Singing chicken or is it crowing?(UPDATED W/PICS GIRLS OR BOYS?)

OHMYCHICKIES

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
I have 4 BR girls, or they look like it. Last night one sounded like it was singing, really pretty, could that be crowing? Or when the roo starts to crow, does it sounds like crowing? They are 6 1/2 weeks old.

Last edited:
When my 8 week old roo crowed yesterday (he's gone today to a new home, lol), it was not pretty at all. It was the most awful sound I have ever heard in my life! He sounded like a teenage boy with his voice changing. He was quite proud of it though, lol.

You could always post pics and see what people think about your chickens. You might be able to get an idea if you have roos or pullets and then you'd know
smile.png

Last edited:
I have a hen, at least one anyhow, that sings. She's done this since she was about 3 weeks old. It's a very pretty, soothing sound.
When my roos were first learning to crow it was very obnoxious sounding. Like a broken horn. Now that they actually have a "true" crow, I love it.
smile.png

This is Taylor
11063_taylor.jpg

Shirley
11063_shirley.jpg

Laverne
11063_laverne.jpg

My sweetest one...Halo
11063_halo.jpg

All four of them together
11063_brs.jpg

Whatcha think?

They all looks like hens. And the others are right, a roosters first crow isn't pretty. I don't think any one could say a roosters 1st crow sounds like singing. It's more like
A. a squeaky rocking chair. B. 2 chicks pecking each other.
C. Something dying. D. Who knows what.
hu.gif
lol.png

thank you, I was hoping for all hens but started to wonder with the singing. Now I know what to look out for with my other chics, a horrible annoying noise
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom