singing quail

Hi Toirxon, I'll message you with my email then you can send me the file if you like.
Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Usto Mumin? (in the picture file?)

Hi Toirxon, I'll message you with my email then you can send me the file if you like.
Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Usto Mumin? (in the picture file?)
Usto Mumin is a painter. There are a lot of paintings of him which show interesting sides of the Uzbek people`s life. I was searching a painting "Bidonaboz" (A quailkeeper) on the internet, but I found this.

Last edited:
Oh I see! Thanks for explaining. It's a beautiful painting.
If you have any photos of your singing quail you can email me them and I'll put them up on the site for you. I've pm's my email address.

HI Toirxon,
Thanks for the file, I sent you a personal message, maybe you didn't get it?
I've been trying to upload it onto this site, but it won't let me and for youtube, as you need video for that.
I thought the bird song was quite a raucous song, strong and not very melodic. But very interesting.
Do you have a video of the bird making the song?

It`s very difficult to make a video when it is singing, you have to wait a lot. Unfortunately I don`t have any singing quails in at the moment, but I`ll try to get a video for you. I`d like to put up some interesting photos taken from the bazaar where the quailkeepers sell and buy quails, but, unfortunaely my camera is broken, and today I was told that it is impossible to fix it up.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Hi Toirxon,
Oh well, thanks for trying! Sorry to hear about your camera. That must be frustrating for you. The quail bazaar sounds interesting.

It`s very interesting if you don`t know anything about it. You can get a lot of interesting information because these quailkeepers are professionals in their job.
First of all, quails are kept seperately in "to`rqovoq", I don`t know how to translate it into English. You can look at the picture above, behind the boy you can see the "to`rqovoq". It`s usually made of pumpkin and net and only one bird in it. It`s covered by the meterial to keep the bird closed I don`t know why.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom