Single comb d'anvers? Feather legged orloffs?

Okay, here's some updated photos!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Great photos. I think your girls are gorgeous. Your Salmon Favorole is lighter in color and prettier than mine. Love her beard and fluffy butt. I hope mine grows a beard. At just 3 months old, mine is huge, and sadly she's very skitish and everything scares her, so she spends most of the day in their little coop. Even though she's the biggest of my chicks, she gets picked on by all the smaller bantam chicke she's been raised with, because she's such a little coward. I hope that changes as she matures.
20210723_200138.jpg

20210723_192202.jpg

20210723_192011.jpg

I have noticed that beard and muff size is pretty predictable by the time they're fluffy and dry out of the egg but those are just my own personal observations so far after raising a bunch of bearded and muffed babies. If I had to guess, just like I have an orloff that has no beard and muff, your faverolles doesn't either and won't get one later in life. I hope I'm wrong, but that's kinda what I'm seeing.

My faverolles Fable is also the bottom of her pecking order right now and I assume she'll be at the bottom after she and Myth are integrated with my other two laying hens.

I got some more pictures that show her feet. She is molting right now pretty heavily, she loses feathers when you pick her up and there's a lot of her feathers in the run. I think she'd be a fluffier bird if she wasn't throwing her feathers off. I have to edit them so it'll be a little bit.

As an aside, I have noticed that the bantam faverolles has a lovely shade of a sage green eye. My other chickens have that dark orange eye. I wonder if she will keep her pretty green eyes.

Back
Top Bottom