Single Rooster

kabaluch76

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
My fatherinlaw loves the sound of a rooster in the mornings. He would love to have only one rooster...would that be a problem? Does it get lonely? He would probably keep it company too. Thanks in advance.

I would think that Yes, it would get lonely, and it may even begin considering humans as part of his flock, and get aggressive. BUT, every chicken is different and people have posted about having a single chicken--usually a house chicken, and everything works out fine.

My fatherinlaw loves the sound of a rooster in the mornings. He would love to have only one rooster...would that be a problem? Does it get lonely? He would probably keep it company too. Thanks in advance.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! So glad you joined us! That's unusual that someone wants just one rooster?? I love it! Most people would rather have hens. Good for your dad! Like others said, I think he'd like a hen or two for company. Whichever you decide, enjoy!!

frow.gif
I wonder if a little Serama Rooster would fit the bill? They are tiny enough to be kept in the house as a pet. Or maybe a Silkie Rooster?

Or a game bird! They're real fun as roosters--they fly up to the roof, they crow a lot.

Seramas may be little but they have a big voice!! Mine was the cutest little "Ken" doll, but he crowed like a big bird! They're also fine with just one hen, great idea theoldchick!! I got a pair of them at a swap for $12, they don't eat that much, either, since they're small.

frow.gif
I wonder if a little Serama Rooster would fit the bill? They are tiny enough to be kept in the house as a pet. Or maybe a Silkie Rooster?

Back
Top Bottom