Singular Chicken Situation

sydneym13

Chirping
Sep 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
So today we lost a chicken and this has left us with only one chicken. I'm worried because I heard that chickens shouldn't live alone, and I don't want her to. We also have a flock (not sure it's the right term) of ducks, should I integrate her with the or is that a bad idea? We have been trying to get more americaunas, but it might be too soon. I'm just very unsure about what to do. Any advice? TIA

I have my ducks live with my chickens and they get along. I haven't heard of one chicken living with a group of ducks but my friend had one duck live with a group of chickens. You could try integrating through a cage and see if it works out well for now.

I don't know that much about chickens, but I do know that my chickens don't like being alone. I don't know whether that means they need another chicken, or just another flock, but they need company. What will the chicky do if the ducks decide to go for a swim? Will she be all frantic racing up and down the bank?

Hi everyone,
So today we lost a chicken and this has left us with only one chicken. I'm worried because I heard that chickens shouldn't live alone, and I don't want her to. We also have a flock (not sure it's the right term) of ducks, should I integrate her with the or is that a bad idea? We have been trying to get more americaunas, but it might be too soon. I'm just very unsure about what to do. Any advice? TIA
Welcome to BYC!
Tell us more about:
how your birds are housed(pics are always good),
how long you have had them,
how old they all are.

The ducks may provide enough companionship for the lone chicken,
but if they've been separated, putting them together could indeed be troublesome.

Back
Top Bottom