Sinus Congestion... What Do You Do?

eat some really hot salsa, something spicy to get your nose running. always works for me.

good luck!!!
thumbsup.gif

Netti pot or ... Saline spray is a a mild version that can help a lot, but I worry if the sodium affects my blood pressure.
I have a smaller version of a netti pot. I was about to use it when I saw what looked like nose hairs that stuck out the end
sickbyc.gif
. I thought "Did my husband use mine?"
somad.gif
As I brought it closer to look, the hairs started flailing wildly. It was a spider that had crawled in.
ep.gif
I thought I was having a bad morning. At least it wasn't as bad as the poor spider. Uhm, why did I share this? I guess if you use a netti pot, be sure to check it out first- just like dumping bugs out of your shoes first.

Quote:
I totally agree!!! I also add guaifenesin to the mix. What ever store brand you can get works great. Drink LOTS of water. The guaifenesin makes the congestion lose so the phseudophedrine can get it moving. Like Tamara said buy the sudafed from the pharmacy not off the shelf. You will need to sign for it.

Neti Pot or they now have something similar which actually sprays up your nose. The pot is a little awkward to get used to but I swear by it. I should use mine daily but of course I don't. On the days I don't use it, I have problems.

This won't help right away but maybe you should start taking GSE also known as grapefruit seed extract. It comes in a little bottle about the size of contact cleaner and you just have to put a few drops in your drink once or twice aday. It is a great immune booster and has many other great qualities. Here is a site telling you about everything it does http://www.answers.com/topic/grapefruit-seed-extract

I took some Walgreens brand "day-quil" stuff (like nyquil but non-drowsy) in liquid capsules specifically labeled "sinus" and that worked great to drain out my sinuses...

...into my throat.
hmm.png

Quote:
Mucinex 12 hour. NOT Mucinex D, plain Mucinex. I just got over a diagnosed sinus infection and they recommended the Mucinex in addition to the antibiotics. After suffering for a week before getting treatment, I felt better within 12 hours of taking the Mucinex. HIGHLY recommended!

I have a neti pot too. I thought it was pretty disgusting at first too, but the results totally sold me! I need to use it in March though April and again September through November. I don't use it regularly. Because of that, I had a bad allergy sinus thing last week. I used Neo-Synephrine at bedtime and it clears you out real good! I also really like the saline nasal spray ... it does something similar as the neti pot. But honestly, that neti pot, if used daily, will keep the allergens out of your nose and it prevents allergy, sinus issues. Andy yeah ... if you are getting anything green ... like bright green ... that is a sign of an infection and only antibiotics will clear that up! Good luck!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom