Sister Wives.. anyone watching it tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's called polyandry.
wink.png
No thank you! I kinda wouldn't mind having a sister wife to do all the housework though.
lol.png

There are many traditional aboriginal cultures, including several American Indian tribal groups, who practiced polygamy. It's not for me, but who am I to judge?

BTW, that guy does seem like a dirtbag, doesn't he?
wink.png

Quote:

I'm gonna look into that.. really...
lol.png

I faintly recall a culture where that did occur. Something about how their women "cost" a certain amount, and if one man could not "afford" a wife, some would get together to support one wife. Think that was the same one though that if the male was wealthy, he could afford many wives and the resulting children.

This is still common in some areas of Asia and there are laws that allow this over there I believe. One situation I read about a couple months back, two brothers were too poor to go their separate ways and marry and have their own farms, so they kept the family farm together and married one woman.

Different strokes for different folks!

Quote:
I faintly recall a culture where that did occur. Something about how their women "cost" a certain amount, and if one man could not "afford" a wife, some would get together to support one wife. Think that was the same one though that if the male was wealthy, he could afford many wives and the resulting children.

This is still common in some areas of Asia and there are laws that allow this over there I believe. One situation I read about a couple months back, two brothers were too poor to go their separate ways and marry and have their own farms, so they kept the family farm together and married one woman.

Different strokes for different folks!

i heard a similar story in my cultural anthropology class last semester. i think it might have been somewhere in India, but i'm not too sure. i can't remember.

If it takes a harem to support a man, then I don't want one!!
Just can't imagine what would possess a woman to want to be a number to her husband. Why get married at all? I thought marriage was about the intimacy and bond of a one-on-one relationship with the love of your life? How emotionally intimate can your relationship be when he's sleeping with 10 of you? Honestly, it sounds more like a bad business deal than a marriage. What's in it for the woman?

With all the cheating, divorces, and multiple single marriages in this country we DO have polygamy; it's just rotational.

ETA I think it'd be great having ten wives. I'd make them all mud wrestle every night to see who won me. WHEW... any volunteers, ladies.

Last edited:
With all the cheating, divorces, and multiple single marriages in this country we DO have polygamy; it's just rotational.

ETA I think it'd be great having ten wives. I'd make them all mud wrestle every night to see who won me. WHEW... any volunteers, ladies.

lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I met a polyiggy once. He told me that the trick is to have at least three wives because two two will work together against you but that three women can't get along, so it ends up like having one wife and her two sisters.
hide.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I met a polyiggy once. He told me that the trick is to have at least three wives because two two will work together against you but that three women can't get along, so it ends up like having one wife and her two sisters.
hide.gif

Imagine having ten, all with two full time jobs, and they all bring their paychecks home to you.

I won't be watching. it's not that different then a man and woman just living together, he just lives with a few extra. he only married to the first one, so if his wife doesn't care that he's having sex under her roof with 2-3 other women, why do i care? I don't, but I wouldn't allow it to happen in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom