Site problems after upgrade to Windows 10 Edge

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by 3riverschick, Sep 20, 2016.

1. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Help us help you - when reporting a bug, use the following template and include as much of this information as you can:
    cut and paste problems
    • Reproducibility: Were you able to reproduce this problem consistently? Yes
    • Repro Steps: What steps did you take to reproduce this problem? repeatedly tried to cut and past from Windows 10 Edge Notepad to BYC.
    • Expected: What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared? Expected previous Windows 7 Premium Home Edition easy cut and paste from note pad into BYC posts when info came from any origin.
    • ------------------------------------
    • Notes: Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue
    • Ok, tried lifting info and pasting it into Windows 10 Edge Notepad from any source to cut and paste into a post on BYC, whether adding to a new or old post. Finally able to determine it only works easily when info is copied from original source and not from the Windows 10 Edge notepad. When I tried to cut and paste info I had previously inserted into the Edge Notepad as a "holding area" the following below did not work. The following below only works if the info is cut from the original source. ....
    • I hit "paste" a window came up and stated my security protocols would not allow me to paste directly into the post. I must hit the "control" and the "V" keys at the same time and the info would appear in the window which had popped up when the warning appeared. Then I could hit the "paste" button in the window and it would paste it into the top of my post, whether I wanted that or not. Interestingly, this whole thing only works if I hit the original "paste" button once. If I hit the original "paste " button ...and then hit the "paste" button in the window ( thinking I need to do that to insert the info into the window for pasting)? ...The whole thing will not paste and I have to hit "cancel" in that window and start again.
    • So to cut and paste into any post in BYC with Windows 10 edge browser I need to:
    • 1. copy info from original source and not hold it on the notepad. This is a real pain when one wants to copy and paste several URL's from different pages. Must open multiple windows and copy and paste them one at a time into BYC instead of as a group with Windows 7 Premium Home Edition.
    • 2. Look up where I want to insert info in BYC and right click on 2 button mouse. The "paste" icon will come up and I click on that.
    • 3. A window will pop up telling me my security protocols will not let me paste directly and I need to hit the "control" and "V" keys at the same time to insert the info into the pop up window.
    • 4. Once I have done that, I can hit the "paste" icon in that little pop up window and the info will (99% of the time) be inserted at the top of my message whether I wanted that or not. 1% of the time it is pasted where I wanted it but that hasn't happened in quite a while.
    • ---------------------------
    • Browser, active browser add-ons, and operating system
    • Using Asus K601 laptop 4 yrs. old , running Intel Pentium dual core processor.
    • Came with Windows 7 Premium Home Edition. No problems with BYC until we
    • upgraded for free to Windows 10 with Edge browser.
    • I cannot get the emoji's to work at all.
    • Now my font colors just stopped working several days ago.
    • I cannot insert picture in posts.
    • I cannot change the font size. ( newer problem)
    • Problems which have resolved themselves without my help:
    • 1. It used to mess with my spellcheck but that problem has gone away.
    • 2. It used to cause the 1st time I wrote anything, the text would print out backwards in the post.
    • Then I would have to delete that and start again and the text would print correctly in a forward fashion.
    • What still works : bold type ; italics ; underlining.
    • The longer I use Edge, the less nimble my BYC experience becomes. It's very frustrating.
    • -------------------------------------------------
    • URL where the issue occurs : http://www.backyardchickens.com
    • When: Trying any insertion into any post anywhere at BYC.
    Hi,
    I hope this is a good place to report problems with windows 10 on BYC. My cut and paste is a pain. I am using Windows Edge having upgraded from Windows 7 Home Edition.. Note when I cut and paste it appears at the top of the message, even if I don't want it too.
    Best,
    Karen Tewart ( BYC : 3riverschick )

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey Karen, thanks for all those great details!

We'll share this with our tech team to see if there's something we can do about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by