Six new babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JupiterFarmer, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JupiterFarmer

JupiterFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Palm Beach County
    Yesterday I went to the feed store to get some chick starter for our brood. As soon as I got out of my car I felt something funny and thought to myself "they must have ducklings again no big, I've got 30 babies at home that need their feed so I gotta hurry"

Stepping foot into town and country feed I hear peeping. Their chicks were sooo tiny! They had golden sex links and leghorns. I been wanting leghorns soo bad ever since I'd seen my ex's mom's flock of them.

But I restrained myself and bought the food then drove home. I drove like a nutter though, I wanted those chicks sooo bad but I needed permission to get them first.

After a bit of begging it was a no go for that night and I gave up.

But this morning my mom was like want to get your chicks today. So now we got six new additions!

Pics to come soon

2. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Hee-hee! Good to hear about your new additions! Love to see some pics!

3. JupiterFarmer

Feb 14, 2009
    Palm Beach County
    Here my new addictions are [​IMG] Mom says I hadta have done voodoo to get them but who could resist these cute peepers

First bunch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Second bunch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    How sweet they are! Idon't know what kind I have yet, but they don't really look like those, so they must be something else.

5. JupiterFarmer

Feb 14, 2009
    Palm Beach County
    I didn't know what kinda Randell burkey sent me couple weeks ago and I still don't know what all of them are. I know I got delwares, and barred rocks but there are bunch of white ones I'm confused one.

6. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    Leghorns are so cool! Congrats on your new peeps. I bought 4 broilers yesterday while I was in the feed store. I wasn't really ready for chicks yet (we have a foot of snow yet) but I couldn't pass the little fatties up!

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations on your new babies. They are adorable. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by