Sizzle or Frizzle?

chicken 86

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 16, 2011
At the feed store I was told that these were bantam silkie frizzles. Isn't that what a sizzle is?

frizzle plus silkie = sizzle but those aint sizzles as their wing feathers dont look like they are sticking out like they would if they had the frizzle gene infact those aint even silkies wrong color of legs and skin, do they have 5 toes?

Last edited:
frizzle plus silkie = sizzle but those aint sizzles  as their wing feathers dont look like they are sticking out like they would if they had the frizzle gene  infact those aint even silkies wrong color of legs and skin, do they have 5 toes?

No, they only have 4 toes. At the feed store some of them had curly feathers, so I figured they were all that way and picked those two. I didn't realise these ones didn't.

lol yes the cruly feathers on the wings mean fizzle but you got some cute chicks
love.gif

Last edited:
Frizzle's feathers curl at different rates. Some frizzles do not curl, but carry the frizzling gene. I picked up a frizzle last year. She was very late in feathering.

Daisy at 5-6 weeks
Daisy005.jpg

Daisy at 8-9 months
freerange033.jpg

Last edited:
Frizzle's feathers curl at different rates. Some frizzles do not curl, but carry the frizzling gene. I picked up a frizzle last year. She was very late in feathering. Daisy at 5-6 weeks
Daisy005.jpg
Daisy at 8-9 months
freerange033.jpg
Oh she's so cute! :love Just got my very first sizzle a week ago :D His name is George, and I really want to breed him to my silkies and my polish pullet.
_MG_6438.jpg
I have one of his daughters that turned out to have the silkie feathers.
_MG_5749.jpg
But she has light skin (not that you'd be able to tell - she looks like 100% fluff with a beak).. everything else looks pure silkie :p

Oh she's so cute!
love.gif

Just got my very first sizzle a week ago
big_smile.png
His name is George, and I really want to breed him to my silkies and my polish pullet.
_MG_6438.jpg

_MG_5749.jpg

But she has light skin (not that you'd be able to tell - she looks like 100% fluff with a beak).. everything else looks pure silkie
tongue.png

Oh I just love these!!!!

Oh she's so cute!
love.gif

Just got my very first sizzle a week ago
big_smile.png
His name is George, and I really want to breed him to my silkies and my polish pullet.
_MG_6438.jpg

_MG_5749.jpg

But she has light skin (not that you'd be able to tell - she looks like 100% fluff with a beak).. everything else looks pure silkie
tongue.png
what a pretty girl!!!!

Back
Top Bottom