Sizzle/Satin Genetics?

Dog Trainer

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2017
Hi everyone! Can anyone here help me with Sizzle/Satin genetics? My understanding is that the Sizzle breed is one currently being developed and perfected. I was told that many are now calling this breed, Satin. Also, the Satin is the breed name and under it you could picture the feather types of Frizzled, Smooth or Silkie. I'm wondering what you get with Frizzled crossed with smooth, Frizzled crossed with Silkie, and Smooth with Silkie. Percentages of offspring or anything else would help me learn more. I'm hungry for information on this topic. Thanks to everyone in advance!

This is a frizzled Sizzle.
20180731_203224.jpg

He is 3 mos old.

If you breed a frizzled Cochin to a silkie, you can get F1 birds, which means first generation. You have to have F20+ birds to get true frizzled sizzles. When you grout start out you get ‘mutts’ that have incorrect coloring, feathers, ex...

Hi everyone! Can anyone here help me with Sizzle/Satin genetics? My understanding is that the Sizzle breed is one currently being developed and perfected. I was told that many are now calling this breed, Satin. Also, the Satin is the breed name and under it you could picture the feather types of Frizzled, Smooth or Silkie. I'm wondering what you get with Frizzled crossed with smooth, Frizzled crossed with Silkie, and Smooth with Silkie. Percentages of offspring or anything else would help me learn more. I'm hungry for information on this topic. Thanks to everyone in advance!
Frizzled crossed with smooth gives you 50% frizzled and 50% smooth.
Frizzled crossed with silkie gives you 50% frizzled and 50% smooth.
Silkie crossed with smooth gives you 100% smooth.
If you breed a frizzled Cochin to a silkie, you can get F1 birds, which means first generation. You have to have F20+ birds to get true frizzled sizzles. When you grout start out you get ‘mutts’ that have incorrect coloring, feathers, ex...
F20+?
It shouldn't take anyone 20 generations to get a frizzled sizzle.
I would think you could do just about everything wrong and still get there in half that time.

Frizzled crossed with smooth gives you 50% frizzled and 50% smooth.
Frizzled crossed with silkie gives you 50% frizzled and 50% smooth.
Silkie crossed with smooth gives you 100% smooth.

F20+?
It shouldn't take anyone 20 generations to get a frizzled sizzle.
I would think you could do just about everything wrong and still get there in half that time.
The best breeders have F20+ birds and still are breeding more and more generations to get the perfect frizzled sizzles. I know quite a few experienced breeders that do that and they have great quality birds but they still have Mishaps here and here. If you don’t do that you get mutt looking birds that look as if they came from a hatchery.

A true 20+ generation project is almost unheard of as far as I'm concerned. That would be 10+ years if your breeding all season every year.
I understand its often said it is a 10 year project to create a new breed that breeds true but not many actually follow through with a project that long. And with something like a frizzled sizzle its really not that complexed. All you're doing is bringing in the frizzle gene then breeding back to silkies every generation. It could be done easily in 5 generations if someone knows what they're doing.
I'm curious of any of the sizzle breeders that are F20+. Never seen one myself.

Thank you for responding. I have Frizzled, sizzles, silkies and smooth birds to work with.

Back
Top Bottom