sizzles!!!!!!!!! show them off, ask your questions, discuss

Thanks, Evonne. I wasn't sure if that would just set me back or not. I bought these eggs because they looked like fun. And now, I am thinking of trying to get some really nice birds going. I don't mind pet quality birds, I love them actually. But I am thinking of really working the blues and lavenders until I get some nice ones.

So I guess I'll be hunting some good silkies!

i have a sizzle roo that is 7 mths old that i am looking to rehome. im in ohio . i dont want anything for him , just a good home.
i have cochins & just dont need him. i would really hate to put him in the pot , he is a nice guy.

27663_picture_002.jpg

27663_picture_001.jpg

he's got pretty coloring...
good luck finding him a home... i'm too far away or i'd take him just cause he's pretty... i'm a sucker like that....

Quote:
can i ask why you call him a sizzle? ( i know what a sizzle is, i just dont see it in him ) what breed is he?

Last edited:
he came from my own chickens...the mom is a black frizzle cochin & dad is a buff silkie or a white cochin.....i wanted to keep only cochins so i have rehomed the silkie... i had him listed as a cochin , but was told he wasnt because of his face feathers & was told he was a sizzle ....
barnie.gif

Quote:
ok yea i see he has teh beard, cochins dont have that, but i would not call him a full sizzle. sizzle should be full silkie and be frizzling out have the all black skin and 5 toes, i mean they are approved YET in teh APA, but that is what they are working on.

Your roo should be called a really just a cochin cross.

Last edited:
Those are some beatiful birds. I have a couple of chicks that are out of my (blue)showgirl rooster over 3 frizzle cochin hens (2 white/1black) We ended up with a black "fancy necker" rooster, blue fancy showgirl girl possibly. I will try to post the pictures again later and let ya laugh out load on how funny looking they are.

I wont be getting anymore "fancies" unless my new roo likes the frizzle girls. I have those girls in with my black silkie roo that is a yr old as of now. so have to wait for new sizzle peeps all over again.

Back
Top Bottom