sizzles!!!!!!!!! show them off, ask your questions, discuss

Quote:
floridamama, i got that answer on page one of the thread when we were talking about the colorings i was picking.. don't know if it's enough information for you or not....

i'm going to change the title of this thread to be a general sizzle information thread... we need to keep it going because there are a LOT of people who don't understand the differences....

another question for you guys who know...
a frazzle is a frizzled bird who has 2 frizzle genes.. resulting in fragile feathers that break.. do you get the same thing with 2 sizzle parents??
even a smooth sizzle has a frizzled gene right??
once i get going on this i want to try to avoid frazzles and if there is such a thing sazzles
the poor birds look so gangly when half their feathers are missing...

They really DO go through an all ugly phase when growing out - at least most of them.

A frazzle comes from mating two Sizzles - curly normal feathers. Sizzle to sizzle (small s) for smooth Sizzles. Does not produce frazzles.

I got a few frazzles in this last group but they're doing really pretty well, none of them the uber fragile sort. And they'll make the next generation a lot easier.

I still get one or two that seem to go from chick to cute POOF in the blink of an eye. Those are cool, most still go through the all ugly all the time phase...

Here's a few of my sixth generation babies -- and a few friends.

chickens0110081.jpg

chickens0110078.jpg

chickens0110085.jpg

chickens0110086.jpg

chickens0110090.jpg

chickens0110093.jpg

chickens0110103.jpg

chickens0110114.jpg

chickens0110115.jpg

chickens0110120.jpg

These are few of the babies growing out, but not all of them lol, they wouldn't hold still. The chicks are seramasizzles, there are three, two black smooth and the little reddish Sizzled. The last is the little blue pullet silkie growing out. Someone pulled out half her topknot. Sigh...

Cher,
clap.gif
You really enjoy those mini creatures, don't you? You have just way too much fun!

I wish you lived near by .... I just know you would take these miniature chickens for me!
gig.gif

I have decided to only keep large standard fowl
hide.gif
... so I need to find new homes for 6 Seramas, and 3 Frizzle/Frazzle/Sizzle/Curly (whatever they are) things.

Last edited:
this is one of my frizzles. Is he a frizzled Showgirl? What would I get if I breed him to a regular silkie? I don't know about his coloring. what would you call his color? could I get a sizzle out of him?
43205_01_14_10_5589.jpg

I would like to know I have 2 solid white ones. We joke around and them Fancy naked necks. But I don't know. They were from a lady from the feed store. She has a Frizzle hen that hatches everybodies eggs. Well some turned out with naked necks. lol

I will be selling F6 SIZZLE eggs untill late spring. They are B/B/S only, $15 a doz + $15 shipping. I ship on Mon & Tue so they can arrive before the weekend. There are usually eggs from 6 different breeding pens so you'll get a good genetic selection.
SarahsSizzles
4780_cimg0014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom