Skin issue or parasite problem?

So the one with the feathers issue was coming out of a molt when this feather issue began a few weeks before the feed change. The wobbly one was in a full, rather sudden onset of a molt just days after the feed change. I don't THINK either are the one that was attacked...? That was last summer and on the other side of the body.

The feathers are wet because she doesn't leave it alone.
I transitioned the feed last weekend.
I made a feeder out of PVC tubes.

My grandson is visiting today. I'll have him help me get a better look at and pictures of both ducks.
The feeder could be irritating her neck, but you'd probably see that with other ducks if that was the case.
Maybe apply something soothing to her neck or try some vetrycin where the main irritation is. Unless its mites or another pest which you couldn't see.
Sorry if I'm asking 1 million questions, but trying to help over the internet can seem like detective work.

The feeder could be irritating her neck, but you'd probably see that with other ducks if that was the case.
Maybe apply something soothing to her neck or try some vetrycin where the main irritation is. Unless its mites or another pest which you couldn't see.
Sorry if I'm asking 1 million questions, but trying to help over the internet can seem like detective work.
I APPRECIATE the million questions!!! Anything that might help. An avian vet appt isn't available for 3 weeks out because one is out on medical leave.

Back
Top Bottom