Skin issues :( any advice?

Thinking back 20 years....... The staph infection comment had me thinking

I remember using a topical antibiotic at one point that actually did wonders. I think it was called Micytracine, I think. Anyone heard of it?

TammyTX, I can't use benzoyl peroxide either, can't even wear perfume for that matter! And yes I'm Hypo so I have to have the iodine.

Back to the staph thing, seriously, that makes a heck of a lot of sense. We've cut back on a lot of things this year due to me loosing my job so we've turned down the water heater thermostat and cut back on bleach when doing the bed linens. And with as oily as my skin gets, my pillow itself has to be saturated
sickbyc.gif

I see a massive sanitizing session in my very near future!!!!!

Quote:
Not only that, but consistent use of antibiotics can give you fungus and yeast! Nothing like trying to get rid of acne and ending up with a nice yeast infection instead.
sickbyc.gif

If the acne is caused by fungal or yeast taking some probiotic supplements would probably help.

Quote:
Not only that, but consistent use of antibiotics can give you fungus and yeast! Nothing like trying to get rid of acne and ending up with a nice yeast infection instead.
sickbyc.gif

If the acne is caused by fungal or yeast taking some probiotic supplements would probably help.

Or take it a step farther and go on an anti-yeast food program with antifungals and probiotics.
wink.png

It is amazing how much better you feel over all when your immune system is working properly.

take it a step farther and go on an anti-yeast food program with antifungals and probiotics.

That might be worth a try.​

Welllllll...... hubby got back from his hearing aid appointment, though his aid mic was shot, and informed me that he had a fungal infection in both ears instead of an aid issue
th.gif
Which, in his 30+ years of wearing aids he's never had.... Sooooo
Massive disinfection of the entire house scheduled for this weekend, starting with the bed.

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Hope that helps!!
I went for years of applying clindamycin (topical antibiotic), tea tree oil and gallons of retin A on my face and nothing worked. The only oral antibiotic that helped was Bactrim (SMZ) and Dr's will not let you take it for acne. Mineral oil was like a death sentence to my skin.
I was under so much stress at home and at work my face reflected it. (that's what I think). I managed to cover it under make up but what a hassle! and on a hot day I would melt. plus I was gruesome in the evenings which probably didn't help my marital situation.
I know people don't like Accutane, but please don't get behind anything to have it removed from the market. They make you jump through hoops like you would not believe to get on it, you have to be monitored constantly (blood tests etc...)- and for some people- like me- it is the only thing that will stop the oil production long term. If you do much reading about skin you start to realize that you are battling something deep in your tissues. You have an actual bacterium feeding on your oil, there are genetics involved and pores close and trap all that in there- becoming cystic- and all the clay, alcohol, surface scrubbing is not going to change that process that is going on way under there. The diet may help, I agree, but who wants to give up yogurt, chocolate etc.. forever? The Accutane just sucks everything dry, and the bacteria etc... can't continue the horrible cycle.

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

Or take it a step farther and go on an anti-yeast food program with antifungals and probiotics.
wink.png

It is amazing how much better you feel over all when your immune system is working properly.

I went on an anti-yeast food program for about a month.
smile.png
No bread, no sugar, tons of garlic and fresh veggies, no fruit, multi vitamin and probiotic supplements and about a cup of non fat plain yogurt every day. Plus gallons of water. I felt pretty good afterward and it taught me how to be stricter and healthier in my food choices.
smile.png

KDbeads if there is a fungal thing going on, GARLIC is a wonderful, natural fungicide. Try to eat at least a clove of it a day, raw. Put it in salads, or if you can, chop it up and down it in a glass of water. Plain yogurt is good too, 8 oz a day. And raw apple cider vinegar, wonderful stuff too. Also stay away from sugar as much as you can, yeast and fungus feed on it, even from fruit, and especially juice.
Lots of green veggies, notably broccoli. Eat lots of salmon, stay away from starches like potatoes and bread. Brown rice is OK and a good source of fiber.

Quote:
I have tried the Vit E, just made me oilier, no change one way or another. Haven't tried goats milk soap recently, used it and plain old lye soap in my teens and it seemed to make something of a difference. Have to give it a try again, totally slipped my mind, Thanks!

Try the "easy soap" recipe - Vegetable shortening, lye and water - it is easy to make, and so gentle.

a woman I worked with (the school cook) had her hands in water all day - had severe reddish excema and her son had major acne problems - I gave her some of the easy soap and she loved it. her hands cleared up and stopped hurting and her son's face cleared up a lot, also. He still had some acne (had other issues) but the redness and rawness went away.

if someone has the recipe handy, please post it, cause I'd have to go look it up if ya need it (I can do that, but... if someone esle has it handy
big_smile.png
)

meri

I have a whole book of lye soap recipes..... it's currently on loan to a friend of mine out here. Once I get it back I'll look for the veg soap... I know there's one in there for olive oil.....

You may also try only using oils/fats for your soap that are close the the skin's natural sebum in chemical make up. Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil are two candidates. You can get them in bulk at www.oilsbynature.com

Back
Top Bottom