Skin issues :( any advice?

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
So I'm in my mid 30's and earlier this year was taken off medication containing estrogen because we finally figured out it was causing most of my BP trouble. Subsequently I was put on meds for thyroid issue the next week. And my face has stayed broken out since
he.gif
I have extremely sensitive skin, seriously not kidding at all when I say that. I have tried everything I can to clear this up but instead I'm running around looking like I'm a teenager again.

Don't wear makeup and haven't in 10 years. Can't use any soap but the neutrogena bar and even then I can't use it every day so I use a fresh clean cloth every morning with the absolute hottest water I can stand to clean off my face. I'm not sure what to do next. Like I said I've tried everything I can afford and have gotten NO results at all... well with some things I've broken out more. Have seriously oily skin where I break out the most and dry flaky skin in others.....

Anyone else? Any ideas?? I may look pretty flipping young but I'd rather not be confused as a teen anymore (No offense to the teens on the board!!)

Have you tried anything with Tea Tree oil in it? My son has tried everything on his skin to no avail. His skin is not too bad, but he is a teenager and it's important to have clean skin. I went to Trader Joe's and found some very inexpensive face wash with tea tree oil. It has worked wonders and does not dry his skin at all. Also scrubbing your face with just water and sugar can work well. All natural and very gental. Bare Minerals also has some products that help with clear skin. I am not a huge fan of makeup, but I love Bare Minerals and my skin has been SO much cleaner since i started using it. Good Luck! I hope that you find something that works for you.

Tea tree oil works on occasion, as long as I can find the right preparation but I no longer live where I could get it easily and haven't found it on line so far.

Bare Minerals..... If I absolutely have to wear make up I'll wear this brand but I still have a massive break out the next day though it's not as bad as other makeup brands.

barnie.gif
really don't want it to be hormones!!! I've had such a bad time with hormones..... really hate hormones.....
tongue.gif

Once I can afford a trip I'll see about a Derm but it's going to be a while
hmm.png

You have to stop with the hot water. I know you are frustrated, believe me I know, but you are just going to make it worse. You also have to quit scrubbing, that actually aggravates it.

Don't use salt with iodine. Don't eat out because everything has iodized salt in it.

try not to touch your face, your fingers have oil and bacteria

drink tons of water

Buy mass quantities of generic benzoyl peroxide and put it all over your face before you go to sleep.

when you wash your face in the morning, squirt a little in your palm and mix with Dove soap bar (I like the exfoliating blue/white box) as a wash.

I had to go on Accutane at 38 as a result of two extremely stressful situations. I am so thankful I did, I should not have been seen in public.

Two of the biggest factors in break outs are high glycemic index foods (sugars, grains and starches ) and dairy.

"Associate Professor Mann and PhD researcher Robyn Smith, in conjunction with staff from the Department of Dermatology at Royal Melbourne Hospital, recruited 50 boys and divided them into two groups.

One group consumed a typical teen diet of sugary snacks and processed foods, while the other followed a more natural diet higher in protein and with low-GI foods such as wholegrain bread, pasta and legumes replacing the normal high-GI foods such as potatoes, rice, white bread, cakes, biscuits, soft-drinks and sugary snacks that elevate blood glucose levels and insulin levels so dramatically..."The acne of the boys on the higher protein-low GI diet improved dramatically, by more than 50 per cent, which is more than what you see with topical acne solutions," said Associate Professor Mann.

“A diet high in processed foods pushes glucose and insulin levels higher, exacerbating the problem, but low-GI foods do the opposite. The mechanism and the results are as clear as day.”
http://www.examiner.com/x-798-Denver-LowCarb-Examiner~y2009m5d12-Low-carb-zaps-zits

If cutting out processed foods, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, etc... for a couple of weeks doesn't help your face. Try cutting down on dairy.

Back
Top Bottom