Hi! I know this thread is a couple weeks old but your hens look like they might have vent gleet! Basically a yeast infection. Here's a link that briefly describes it and also treatment options - www.bhwt.org.uk

My grandfather's chickens had the same thing, hopefully it clears up for yours!

Hi! I know this thread is a couple weeks old but your hens look like they might have vent gleet! Basically a yeast infection. Here's a link that briefly describes it and also treatment options - www.bhwt.org.uk

My grandfather's chickens had the same thing, hopefully it clears up for yours!
Thank you so much! I don't really know anything about vent gleet, but I will read the link you sent and do some research! The hens are still missing their bum feathers currently, but I wasn't sure when they would grow back. 😅
As for the feathers missing on their backs cause of the rooster, we got some little aprons for them and that seems to be helping! ☺️
They've really been enjoying the things we built in the run too.

Im glad the aprons are working for their back feathers :) and your run looks incredible honestly! Hopefully a little tlc will get their bums floofy again too ☺️

Cheers!

Im glad the aprons are working for their back feathers :) and your run looks incredible honestly! Hopefully a little tlc will get their bums floofy again too ☺️

Cheers!
Aww, that's very kind of you. We worked very hard to make their coop, run, and aviary. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. 😁

Back
Top Bottom