Skin Ripped Off - Died

SHOCK

Symptoms: fluffed feathers, not moving, rapid shallow breathing, head may be turned with eyes partly closed.

Place bird in warm (86-90 degrees F), secluded, dimly lit environment. If accompanied by life threatening injuries, treat immediately.

I don't see that. So cold, not shock. Probably also terrified.​

What did you give him/put on him?
I KNOW that any of the "caine" pain relievers are toxic to chickens-not sure about ducks, just wanted to be VERY cautious with your boy.

Dermoplast Hospital Strength Antibacterial Pain Relieving Spray

Safe for two year olds so...? I wasn't thinking. I saw "less pain" and "antibacterial" and lunged for it.

Well, I can't find anything about pain relievers and ducks. I bet it won't hurt him. Just try to get something without pain reliever for his next treatment and I think he'll be fine.
You were just trying to help him out-I would've done the same thing.
I would just keep him quiet and warm/clean his wounds and I THINK you can give them aspirin for pain-but that I'm not sure about.
Good luck.

Not a new symptom, but something I forgot to mention:

His caruncling is still mostly just red color. It has been a darker maroon/purple.

Unfortunately I think it is too late for him. While writing this he started struggling. Looks like he's going into siezures.

Crap! I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
hit.gif

I wish there would have been something more I could have told you to help him.

hugs.gif
Bummer, did your best. Sounded like a pretty serious injury and that was just what you could see from the outside. There might have been internal trauma and volume shock going on too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom