skinned alive -update 18/4/2011 the update we didnt want :(

She looks great! Amazing healers. I'd just try to keep her clean and away from the other chickens and let her heal up on her own.

I had a chicken with a huge wound on her thigh that we had let back with the other chickens and she was doing great. That afternoon I was mortified to see her dust bathing with the other chickens and the wound was covered with dirt! It was dry so I decided to just leave it alone...It didn't hurt a thing...the wound filled in with tissue, covered over with skin and the feathers even came back in! You would never know she was ever injured. They are amazing healers...

Keep up the great work
thumbsup.gif

thanks everyone for the posts...it helped having wonderful support from you guys! shes not in the all clear yet, the scab is very delicate (if she moves to quickly it cracks and bleeds in places) but yeah its only been a week.......!
im pretty positive she'll make a 100% recovery!
what are the chances of feathers growing back?

Quote:
Mornin Spish,

The chicken we have that was mauled by the raccoon has new pin feathers coming in. She still looks homely and raggedy but has shown amazing recovery. Seems like if we cover the basics of good food, fresh water, and a little special attention they do better than we can even imagine. Keep up the good work. Looks like your birds main worry at this point is still infection.

Back
Top Bottom