Skinny, Limping, Runny poop??

Adams1

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2022
This dang bird. She’s now EXTREMELY light (counterpart her sister same breed) she eats a ton and is my biggest eater, yesterday her poop was runny very runny I thought it was dog puke and cleaned it up, looked like fluid with a green haze, and clear liquid near the outside (trying to get pictures) and this morning she stayed in the coop, (she normally the first one out) I had to coax her out. She took a step AND FELL ON HER FACE! She sorta layed there and i propped her up, gonna give her some warm egg yolk?? I set her on a warm towel in the middle of the coop next to some water and food, I’m gonna try with the vitamin C&superB again here the real question AN AFFORDABLE CHICKEN VET IN SD? I’m taking her to the vet, she looks out of it like she kinda lost her will, iv never seen any animal like that even when she was sick before, so I’m taking her to the vet. But where exactly is the vet? Idk yet any suggestions for the San Diego area? (I’m hoping for at least like a semi-affordable vet, but I won’t skimp if there isn’t another option?) what did a couple rats and really I can’t get in contact

Last edited:
I'm so sorry! She sounds like she's in rough shape. A vet will hopefully be able to tell you what is wrong. Search for an avian or exotic vet, or go on a local FB group for chickens and ask for recommendations. It sounds like it may be her time. Gosh, I hate this part of keeping chickens....
:hugs

Thank for the tips @Aunt Angus ,i have to wait 6 hours minimum till I can get her somewhere. What I do in the meantime? vitamin water and eggyolk? (Just trying to keep her really comfy, should I add some ginger?

You might want to proof-read your post and edit it to make more sense. Not sure what sort of help you are asking for - location of a vet or how to treat this hen.

Meanwhile, give her warm sugar water and see if that helps to revive the hen. Then please get a photo of the poop and post it.

Click on "Attach files" and that opens your computer files, click on the file with your photos and click on the photo you want to post, then click "open". That sticks the photo on this thread, Then click on "full image" to post.

Thank for the tips @Aunt Angus ,i have to wait 6 hours minimum till I can get her somewhere. What I do in the meantime? vitamin water and eggyolk? (Just trying to keep her really comfy, should I add some ginger?
If she's eating and drinking, I'd just provide regular ol' food and water. Poor girl...

Edited: Go with @azygous Suggestion of sugar water.

You might want to proof-read your post and edit it to make more sense. Not sure what sort of help you are asking for - location of a vet or how to treat this hen.

Meanwhile, give her warm sugar water and see if that helps to revive the hen. Then please get a photo of the poop and post it.

Click on "Attach files" and that opens your computer files, click on the file with your photos and click on the photo you want to post, then click "open". That sticks the photo on this thread, Then click on "full image" to post.
@azygous I’m just asking if anybody knows of a semi-affordable vet in San Diego (or close too) that I can take her to today? She hasn’t pooped in a while (that I know of), I gave her some sugar water & vitamin water and stuck her in my warm garage with wet mashed food (she ate about 1/4 cup) i’m keeping her in there alone and checking on her like at least every 10 minutes, also spending some quality time with her I’m only holding her in there for a while until I can actually get her to a vet today

edit: The past few posts I’ve made are all about her being sick and I’ve been dealing with her being sick for a while, but now she’s very lethargic and I need to take her to a vet

edit2: she perked up a little bit after the vitamin and sugar water and is walking around but I would still like to get her checked out, as this same thing has happened in the past and she perked up but not only a day or two later went back to being semi lethargic (this morning was pretty much the worst iv ever seen her)

Last edited:
Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital1276 Morena Blvd, CA 92110619-260-1412drexotic.com
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center5232 Jackson Drive, CA 91942619-331-5706pescsandiego.com
Our Feathered Friends4420 Rainier Ave. CA 92120619-280-5134ourfeatheredfriends.com
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos9888 Carmel Mountain Rd. CA 92129858-484-3490pethospitalpq.com
Carmel Mountain Ranch Veterinary Hospital11925 Carmel Mountain Rd. CA 92128858-592-9779carmelmountainvet.com
All Pets Animal Hospital149 S. El Camino Real, CA 92024706-790-4548allpetsanimal.com
Morena Pet Hospital1540 Morena Blvd, CA 92110619-275-0888morenapethospital.com
Animal and Bird Hospital of Del Mar2132 Jimmy Durante Blvd. CA 92014858-755-9351animalandbirdhospital.com

Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital1276 Morena Blvd, CA 92110619-260-1412drexotic.com
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center5232 Jackson Drive, CA 91942619-331-5706pescsandiego.com
Our Feathered Friends4420 Rainier Ave. CA 92120619-280-5134ourfeatheredfriends.com
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos9888 Carmel Mountain Rd. CA 92129858-484-3490pethospitalpq.com
Carmel Mountain Ranch Veterinary Hospital11925 Carmel Mountain Rd. CA 92128858-592-9779carmelmountainvet.com
All Pets Animal Hospital149 S. El Camino Real, CA 92024706-790-4548allpetsanimal.com
Morena Pet Hospital1540 Morena Blvd, CA 92110619-275-0888morenapethospital.com
Animal and Bird Hospital of Del Mar2132 Jimmy Durante Blvd. CA 92014858-755-9351animalandbirdhospital.com
Thanks, I will be looking at and calling all of these establishments, hopefully to get her in today, or tomorrow if necessary, Thank you for all the help y’all!

Back
Top Bottom