Skipping a day?

Linda in San Diego

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
San Diego
The Delightful Dozen are 21 weeks old. One hen, a RIR I believe, has begun to lay. I got in layer pellet, one feeder has layer, the other is finishing up grower. The girls free range for 4 - 6 hours a day, and get healthy treats from the garden.
1 egg Saturday - in the run, 1 egg Sunday - in the coop, 1 egg Monday - in a nest box
lol.png
ZERO egg Tuesday! Is that normal?
Any better suggestions about feeding them when there is quite a difference in maturity? Thanks All!

Yeah it's normal. My first girl to lay did so every other day for awhile, now it's two days in a row followed by a day off.
Are they all 21 weeks old? If so, you can go ahead and give them all layer. Supplement with oyster shell.

Thanks for the information . Yes, they are all 21 weeks old, but it only seems to be the one laying.
Thanks also for the conformation on the feed, I think they will all start pretty soon....

I also only have one laying for about 2 weeks now. She was laying an egg every day for 2 or 3 days and then taking a day off, but has now laid an egg every day for the past 5 days. I don't know that she will keep up with the every day thing, but at least I am getting some eggs. If only the other three that are old enough would get with the game!

Back
Top Bottom