Skunk beat up by Rooster! Other rooster faints! Nugget meets ice.....

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
There was an unusual amount of noise in my yard early this morning, so I went out to see what the issue was. Blue Rooster was in the middle of the front yard having a "stare-down" with a skunk! He had his feathers all ruffled and was doing the "Rooster dance" at the skunk.
I went back in to get my pistol and when I came back out Blue still had him at bay.

As I walked down my steps, it was 51 degrees,,, I was in bare feet and my nightie,,, and not a happy camper. I was trying to decide how to either scare off or shoot the skunk if he went for Blue before I could intervene. I never got a chance.

Suddenly Nugget woke up. BIG Nugget,, the dinosaur of roosters, had been disturbed. Nugget does not like to be disturbed while asleep I should mention.

Nugget stood up on the chain link fence, cocked his head and looked at Mr. Skunk. Then he jumped off the fence and walked into the yard behind Blue Rooster. Blue was concentrating on Mr. Skunk and didn't see Nugget. Nugget stopped right behind Blue, shook out his feathers and suddenly all the hackles on his neck stood up, his wings fluffed up, and he let out a sound something like a Velociraptor might have made, it scared me too! Mr. Skunk turned and ran and Blue,,,, welllll,,, Blue fainted. I'd never seen a chicken faint before but he hit the ground like a ton of blue bricks. It only lasted 10 seconds maybe and he popped back up, but I wasn't sure whether to laugh, cry, or what.
Mr. Skunk ran across the road and sprayed the neighbors two dogs. Nugget unfluffed and walked back to the fence, jumped up and went back to sleep. I would not want to be Blue Rooster in the yard this morning, I'll bet he's humiliated.

Never wake up Nugget!

Last edited:
Thats is to funny! I am glad nobody is home here because I just laughed out loud! They all ready think that I am nuts! Thanks for sharing! Way to go Nugget!

Wow! Is there a picture of Nugget on here somewhere? I have to see this bad boy.
tongue.png

Quote:
Most welcome, I just wish I'd had a camera instead of a gun! oh, and shoes so I could have checked poor Blue but I didn't want to dance barefoot in chicken and duck poo.,

Back
Top Bottom