sleepy chick, doesnt want to stand, lies kinda of sprawled out

csimek

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
I just got a a handful of bantums today from tsc, and i have one she is the runt of the bunch, and she seems like she is sleeping all the time, she gets trampled, she has food, and water with sav-a-chick in it, im going to add some pictures i just took, let me know if anyone has any ideas!!

WE had one that was the runt we named her Squirt. She was born with a gimp in her leg and was flapping to assist her walking. My sister went down and babied her for a couple hours one day... She kept putting her beak in the food and then in the water. Eventually she began eating and her gimp went away and her leg straightened up. It may be that she isn't eating because she doesn't know how. Squirt is still the runt but is otherwise doing MUCH better.

thanks, i had named her squirt too. but unfortunately about 20 minutes after i posted this she passed away :(

I'm sorry! I would be so upset if I had a baby chick die on me... Fortunately this is my first go round with incubating so I haven't had to deal with that yet. WE did have a hen get egg bound, she didn't come out of the nest box and got all wormy and infected. That was pretty sad!

Back
Top Bottom