Sleepy Chicken

20181212_052553_resized.jpg

I will try for a better picture tonight. Seem like I have to wake her up to drink and keep rubbing her to keep her awake, but doesn't seem to be eating or drinking on her own. No bloating, nothing swollen, feet and legs look good. She has been inside since Sunday night, pooped Tuesday while I was at work, and pooped again last night between 9pm and 5pm.

Crop is empty, it never really gets full. Still not eating, but is drinking some. I am not sure if had laid any eggs yet, since we have other chickens. I do know she has not laid any since Sunday night.

Do what you can to get her hydrated.

That stance and not pooping much makes me think she has a reproductive problem or possibly a blockage somewhere.
The puffy appearance...not feeling well, hunched up same thing, but then I think Coccidiosis for some reason too.

The poop photos, the urates almost look a bit cheesy or grainy looking?
Can you take a sample to your vet for testing?

That stance and not pooping much makes me think she has a reproductive problem or possibly a blockage somewhere.
The puffy appearance...not feeling well, hunched up same thing, but then I think Coccidiosis for some reason too.

She is normally laying down, I took the picture after I put her back in, but her head is always bunched up like that. I called all the local vets in my area and none of them will do a sample for a chicken.

She is normally laying down, I took the picture after I put her back in, but her head is always bunched up like that. I called all the local vets in my area and none of them will do a sample for a chicken.

I bought some Corid from TSC after reading another post about sleepy chickens. I just wasn't sure about the Coccidiosis. Could I use the Corid? What if she doesn't have coccidiosis?

No foul smelling from her, but her poop was pretty strong this morning. I don't see any bloating or swelling.

I bought some Corid from TSC after reading another post about sleepy chickens. I just wasn't sure about the Coccidiosis. Could I use the Corid? What if she doesn't have coccidiosis?

The Corid will not hurt her, it's a Coccidiostat which acts as a Thiamine blocker that starves the Coccidia protozoa.

If you treat her with the Corid, then eliminate the electrolytes if they contain B1 (thiamine).
Dosage for Corid is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days

Did you get the liquid Corid or the Powdered?

Back
Top Bottom