Sleepy duckling not eating much HELP!

Oh! That makes me feel better! I tried to get pictures, but the bulge is not there today, and even after I gave her a bunch of food it did not appear. The hollowish area on her right side also does not seem to be there like it was last night. Maybe it was a weird angle? You can really only see the bare looking spots after her baths. Otherwise her downy feathers kee everything covered. Here are some pictures of her that I tried to get...they didn't turn out great.
1650485928138.png
1650485953672.png
1650485979072.png
1650486016573.png
1650486029253.png

Also while you are looking at these. Does she look like a cayuga to you? TSC said they were Khaki Campbells but it didn't look like it. Shes darker but her beak looks different from what i remember my other cayugas looking like

Attachments

• 1650485939394.png
    1650485939394.png
    504.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1650485996344.png
    1650485996344.png
    507.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1650486007123.png
    1650486007123.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 2
She does look like a Cayuga more so than a KC. She has grown, hasn't she? Is she growing in her feathers too? When they have down they can look naked in places so hopefully that is what your seeing.

She does look like a Cayuga more so than a KC. She has grown, hasn't she? Is she growing in her feathers too? When they have down they can look naked in places so hopefully that is what your seeing.
Yes she has grown quite a bit!! Ok great thanks!

Sage is continuing to improve! Shes acting more and more like a duckling should! She is SO very bonded with me and SCREAMS whenever I leave the room. She has started to grab at sweatshirt strings, and little threads like ducklings should. She clears her nares regularly in her water bowl, she attacks, jumps on, and does laps around her froggy, and she peeps so loud at EVERYTHING. She has eaten some egg and crumbles on her own too! Something that really concerns me is that she is still really limping on her left leg. Maybe its deformed or something, if she continues to grow and do better I will probably have to figure out a brace or splint. She may need to permanently have a brace if it stays like that. But thats ok. She may be a house duck at this point, I'm not sure. The family is taken with her and I went upstairs into my room and had a heart attack when I couldn't find her in her box. I found her in my sisters lap in the next room. She went for a short outing today for a photo shoot. I changed it to my profile pic and here are a few more. The last picture is of Sage's sister Nutmeg so you can see the size difference. Sage has seemed to be growing though!View attachment 3067402View attachment 3067403View attachment 3067404View attachment 3067407
How in the world did I miss these pictures? She looks so adorable:love

I walked into the feed store, saw rouen ducklings......asked if I could only buy one....and bought one :oops: they are kinda afraid of each other. Any tips on helping them be comfortable with each other?

1650559261314.png

It takes time but as long as neither is picking on the other they will bond most likely. Look how big Sage is.
Thank you both!!! Sage picked on the other one a bit at first like what ARE you? Sage MIGHT have pushed the other little one away from the water, but it could have been a fluke and I need more time to watch them. And Then they snuggled up together and slept.

They both seem stressed and I'm kinda worried. Should I give it more time or try to return the duck or something else?

Back
Top Bottom