Sleepy duckling not eating much HELP!

Pics
Quick update! This is Sage now!! It turned out hes a boy, but thats ok. I love him very much!!! He is HUGE and lives outside with his siblings now!!! He still does wattle and move slightly different than the other ducks, but you only see it if you stare for a while. I'm so happy he is thriving!!! It makes everything I went through so worth it!
View attachment 3134925View attachment 3134926
I'm glad he's all right. Good Work!!!

Sage is continuing to improve! Shes acting more and more like a duckling should! She is SO very bonded with me and SCREAMS whenever I leave the room. She has started to grab at sweatshirt strings, and little threads like ducklings should. She clears her nares regularly in her water bowl, she attacks, jumps on, and does laps around her froggy, and she peeps so loud at EVERYTHING. She has eaten some egg and crumbles on her own too! Something that really concerns me is that she is still really limping on her left leg. Maybe its deformed or something, if she continues to grow and do better I will probably have to figure out a brace or splint. She may need to permanently have a brace if it stays like that. But thats ok. She may be a house duck at this point, I'm not sure. The family is taken with her and I went upstairs into my room and had a heart attack when I couldn't find her in her box. I found her in my sisters lap in the next room. She went for a short outing today for a photo shoot. I changed it to my profile pic and here are a few more. The last picture is of Sage's sister Nutmeg so you can see the size difference. Sage has seemed to be growing though!View attachment 3067402View attachment 3067403View attachment 3067404View attachment 3067407
I love your pictures of Sage and Nutmeg!!! Those are absolutely darling!

I copied and pasted from Emergency thread to try to get as many answers asap.

Hey yall I got two ducklings that were supposed to be khaki campbells from tractor supply on staurday. They are in a rubber-made tote in my garage with a heat lamp and food and water. They are TEENY TINY and are supposed to be about a week old by now. The ones I got happened to be like the smallest ones there. Their names are Sage and Nutmeg. Nutmeg is feistier and is running around nibbling everything in sight like ducklings do and climbing in the water dish and biting my fingers and picking at random spots on the side of the tub and etc. But Sage is eating less and seems to have less energy. She kinda lays and wants to sleep alot. She will follow Nutmeg around, and she will eat some and drink some, but not as much as I would like. I even soaked some feed in my hand and tried to gently push her beak into it so she could see she needed it and although it works some....she still isn't really eating as much as I think she should be. They are on Purina Flock Raiser and just today I bought Dumor Duck crumbles for them and have been mixing it in. Should I scramble an egg and try to feed her that? Should I bring her in the house for a night? HELP!!
Hey i was wondering hows sage doing now? My duckling is exactly how u've described here and I wonder how did u handle the saturation

Hey i was wondering hows sage doing now? My duckling is exactly how u've described here and I wonder how did u handle the saturation
Sage is a full grown thriving beautiful duck that now lives in a flock with 40+ other birds. He is over a year old now. If you read through the whole thread you should be able to find my treatment for him. My main suggestion if you have a duck like this is get the b complex in it, nutridrench in it, and I had to force feed for weeks and weeks. It was a LOT of work but very much worth it to me. Feel free to ask more questions.

I have kept my newborn ducklings in the house especially this time if year in Ohio. Our nights still get chilly and even with a light I would not trust it being warm enough for them. For the first week I kept two 40 watt bulbs on them along with a towel covering most of the top of the rubber tote. After that I took the heat off but our house never gets below 67 degrees and I know our garage would. I hope your duckling does well. You can also give it Save A Chick Probiotic in its water from Tractor Supply or Rural King. Make sure it is only getting crumbles and not pellets. Also water it cannot climb into as it will get chilled and possibly die. If you give it anything but duck crumbles it will need grit in order to be able to digest it. I never gave mine anything but duck food while they were ducklings. Good luck with this little one.

Back
Top Bottom