Sleepy silkie

tiki_chickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 30, 2009
Anaheim, CA
I got 9 chicks today, one of which is a little black looking silkie. She sleeps an awful lot, but I have seen her run around a little bit and eat. But should I be concerned with the amount of sleep? I'm just worried she might be weak. As I type she's sitting in my other hand and not putting up a fight like the others did when I picked them up. That's why I'm worried. I checked for pasty butt and she looks pretty clean, she's just really calm. Is it normal?

I got 9 chicks today, one of which is a little black looking silkie. She sleeps an awful lot, but I have seen her run around a little bit and eat. But should I be concerned with the amount of sleep? I'm just worried she might be weak. As I type she's sitting in my other hand and not putting up a fight like the others did when I picked them up. That's why I'm worried. I checked for pasty butt and she looks pretty clean, she's just really calm. Is it normal?
I've been experiencing this with a couple of my silkie chicks. One passed away and the other is sleepy, weak legs, will sleep in your hands, etc. I know your post is old, but did your chick survive? Did you learn anything more about this condition in Silkies? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom