Slight prolapse? HELP!* Pictures *

Your hen's behavior is the precise behavior we want to see that confirms she is over her reproductive crisis. That and the fact that her prolapse has retracted are indications she has survived her ordeal. As @Tookie recommends, observe her for just a bit longer to be sure she isn't going to slip back, maybe an hour or so, then let her resume her place in the flock.

Congratulations! Good job!

If you've started her on amoxy, continue it. Also, continue the calcium daily until her eggs are normal.

Your hen's behavior is the precise behavior we want to see that confirms she is over her reproductive crisis. That and the fact that her prolapse has retracted are indications she has survived her ordeal. As @Tookie recommends, observe her for just a bit longer to be sure she isn't going to slip back, maybe an hour or so, then let her resume her place in the flock.

Congratulations! Good job!

If you've started her on amoxy, continue it. Also, continue the calcium daily until her eggs are normal.
I’ve been super busy today, and I have not started her on the amoxy, but I can totally go give her a dose now!

Back
Top Bottom