slightly urgent, fox attack last night lost a duck

hello i’m just updating this for anybody interested
shes doing so much better than yesterday! she has more energy as she is quacking a lot (especially when we leave the room which is understandable as she won’t want to be alone) she is splashing around with the water we have given her, wagging her tail and eating
she seems so much better and the small wound she has looks like it is scabbing which is good because it means healing and she isn’t as wobbly and is actually stood up walking around

shes doing so much better than yesterday! she has more energy as she is quacking a lot (especially when we leave the room which is understandable as she won’t want to be alone) she is splashing around with the water we have given her, wagging her tail and eating
she seems so much better and the small wound she has looks like it is scabbing which is good because it means healing and she isn’t as wobbly and is actually stood up walking around
she even laid an egg !

I'm glad to hear she is doing better!
It does sound like she was injured a bit during the attack, hopefully she will heal quickly.
She laid an egg! Now you have another one to incubate too.

Yey I’m so happy she is doing great!!!
So just a warning about the babies. Our old neighbor had a duck get hit by a car and her mate was still alive. It was very sad and she bought her some babies which she did not accept. Which I believe all died because I have no idea what that woman was doing.
But point is getting her an older duck might be better. I’ve gotten so many rescue ducks who are now best friends with ones I’ve already had. She won’t automatically want to be a mama to a hatched duck even if it’s her egg.
I’m glad you do plan on getting her a friend though it will make her so so happy!

Back
Top Bottom