Sloshing eggs...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UrbanMama, Jan 7, 2009.

1. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Is it worth it to keep them in the bator? I had some silkie eggs shipped to me and the PO did a real number on them. Every single one of them "sloshes" around when you tilt them. They even have tiny little bubbles in them from moving around. Is it even worth wasting incubator space on these guys? Has anyone ever had something like this hatch? In my meager experience...I never have. [​IMG]

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I had some that arrived like that...air bubbles all over the place...I think 3/18 ended up hatching...not a lot, but worth it if you really want them. You can always just leave them in for 5 or 6 days then toss the ones that aren't developing.

3. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Kelly, thank you for that little bit of hope. [​IMG] I did put them in the incubator when I got them on Mon. and I figured the same thing about candling in a few more days..... but I'm so glad to hear that there's at least a little but of hope!

4. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I have never had one of those eggs develop, even though I try. They are the classic "non fertile" eggs that everyone who ships eggs in the mail gets accused of sending at one time or another.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by