Sloshy Egg Wont Hatch, Right??? Sad Update: Post 6#

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Wolf Queen, Jun 15, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I have a chicken egg on Day 22 (note I havent done a Chick-Check yet, this morning) and yesterday when I was candling for inner pips I noticed ,what I think is, a faverolle cross egg, that when I tilted it at an angle, the yolk would slosh to the now bottom part of the egg. Last night I think this egg was perfectly fine and had a nice innner pip. Now... zilch. Is the baby dead? Should I crack it open to see what went wrong? Should I, as a boost, poke a hole in the egg??? Help PLEASE!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. pax12

pax12 Songster

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    give it one more day before helping

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    OK I will [​IMG]

4. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Songster

May 8, 2008
    oh I'm so sorry if it's lost. & I'm waiting to see what happens.

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Me too. I'm pretty sure its dead since I didn't see any movement except for the moving liquid so... [​IMG]. Well at least I usually get 95-100% hatches. Not to be mean to the possibly dead chick but I'm even more bummed about my EE's eggs. I have two EE's and I always have a million problems with specifically THEIR eggs. They usually either die super late, get squished around day 15, or they hatch too early and still haven't absorbed the yolk [​IMG]. Since its happened in every hatch I'm pretty sure the late dieing is a genetic error. Next spring I will probably give them to a friend because I don't have the heart to eat them.

6. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Sad Update: Yep it was dead. The poor little thing wasnt even able to break through an inner pip [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: