Sloshy Egg Wont Hatch, Right??? Sad Update: Post 6#

The Wolf Queen

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I have a chicken egg on Day 22 (note I havent done a Chick-Check yet, this morning) and yesterday when I was candling for inner pips I noticed ,what I think is, a faverolle cross egg, that when I tilted it at an angle, the yolk would slosh to the now bottom part of the egg. Last night I think this egg was perfectly fine and had a nice innner pip. Now... zilch. Is the baby dead? Should I crack it open to see what went wrong? Should I, as a boost, poke a hole in the egg??? Help PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
OK I will
smile.png

Me too. I'm pretty sure its dead since I didn't see any movement except for the moving liquid so...
sad.png
. Well at least I usually get 95-100% hatches. Not to be mean to the possibly dead chick but I'm even more bummed about my EE's eggs. I have two EE's and I always have a million problems with specifically THEIR eggs. They usually either die super late, get squished around day 15, or they hatch too early and still haven't absorbed the yolk
hit.gif
. Since its happened in every hatch I'm pretty sure the late dieing is a genetic error. Next spring I will probably give them to a friend because I don't have the heart to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom