Slow crop? Respiratory infection? Both? Something else?

If she is still struggling with respiratory symptoms the tylan might help (it's a common treatment for mycoplasma). You can give it to her orally rather than injecting it. Just use the needle to withdraw the dosage, then remove the needle, open her beak, and give her a couple drops at a time letting her swallow in between. The oral dosages I've seen for Tylan 50 range from .1-.25 ml per pound give 2 or 3 times a day.

Chicken get weak pretty quickly so try to encourage her to eat and drink. If she's not drinking anything I recommend using a syringe to dribble a little water into her beak throughout the day (taking care not to cause her to choke/aspirate by giving too much at once).

Do you know where I can get Denagard quickly? I only have Tylan 50 injectable. She is going downhill today. Her crop is empty so so is no longer eating. I brought her inside just now & she is doing better being in the shower today so she’s going to stay inside until she is looking better.
If she's not responding to the correct dosing of Tylan, then it's unlikely Tiamulin is going to make a difference.
Finish your course of Tylan50 treatment while you wait on other medications.

Tylan50 dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

If she's not responding to the correct dosing of Tylan, then it's unlikely Tiamulin is going to make a difference.
Finish your course of Tylan50 treatment while you wait on other medications.

Tylan50 dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.
So she is 4 lbs. I’ll start giving her 1ml 3 times a day correct? I ordered the generic version of Denagard from Amazon & it will be her on Dec 4th. She is drinking a lot but not eating much. She has very watery diarrhea. Coughing has decreased since she’s been in the house.

So she is 4 lbs. I’ll start giving her 1ml 3 times a day correct? I ordered the generic version of Denagard from Amazon & it will be her on Dec 4th. She is drinking a lot but not eating much. She has very watery diarrhea. Coughing has decreased since she’s been in the house.
Yes, 1ml of Tylan50 given 3 times a day for 5 days.

Is her crop emptying? Drinking a lot of water can be a number of things, but often the crop or digestive system is not functioning well when they drink a lot of water.

What's her other symptoms? Does she have mucous from the nostrils, bubbles in the eyes, facial swelling, lesions or canker inside the beak?
Any swelling/bloat or fluid in the abdomen?

Tiamulin is mixed with water, but it's reported to be bitter so sweetening it with karo syrup or fruit juice seems to be what most people do.

Yes, 1ml of Tylan50 given 3 times a day for 5 days.

Is her crop emptying? Drinking a lot of water can be a number of things, but often the crop or digestive system is not functioning well when they drink a lot of water.

What's her other symptoms? Does she have mucous from the nostrils, bubbles in the eyes, facial swelling, lesions or canker inside the beak?
Any swelling/bloat or fluid in the abdomen?

Tiamulin is mixed with water, but it's reported to be bitter so sweetening it with karo syrup or fruit juice seems to be what most
I tagged you in MY previous thread regarding this hen of mine (Gabby). I ended up on this here thread when researching Denagard. Sorry about the confusion 😟

Back
Top Bottom