Slow drivers........

Quote:
Longstory short, if you cannot drive without impeding traffic, take back roads or the bus.

Exactly the type of statement that I was refering to.

Interstate here in my home state has a 45mph minimum speed limit. Also a no driving in the left lane when your not actually passing.

So is their anything that prevents you from leaving a little earlier, allowing yourself more time for your drive?

impeding the flow of traffic is against the law in 50 states.

Speeding is against the law in all 50 states....and is much more likely to be enforced
smile.png

mom'sfolly :

Speeding is against the law in all 50 states....and is much more likely to be enforced
smile.png

Yuppers, and even though it is legal to go 50 on the interstate in michigan, if everyone else is going the posted 70 mpg the jerk going 50 will get pulled over, and possibly get his car towed. Impeding the flow of traffic is aggressive driving in our state, and the cops won't put up with it.​

Quote:
Any reason why you can't drive in the right hand lane, take a back road, or drive at the speed limit?

Often, yes, there are many reasons why I can't leave a little earlier. Such as I don't get off work until 5:30 and my kid's daycare starts charging additional money if you aren't there to pick your kid up by 6. Or I have to drop my niece of at school no earlier than 7:45 and must be at work by 8:30. Or I only have a half hour for lunch. Or all the many, many, many other reasons why someone cruising along at 10mph less than the speed limit and taking their sweet time is a problem for me.

Longstory short, if you cannot drive without impeding traffic, take back roads or the bus.

Note: Going ridiculously fast is also a way to impede traffic, as is swerving lanes to try to pass people, as you are negatively impacting other people with your selfishness. The people who just want to drive with the flow of traffic to get from point A to point B are not the selfish ones.

Last edited:
Favorite road-rage story..
big_smile.png

I was at a red light, waiting to turn right. Other guy was directly across from me, waiting to turn left. The light turned green and I proceeded to turn -- so did he. Under state law, I had the right of way...he didn't care...he wanted to go first.

Um, no.

He very nearly hit me, but I wound up in front of him in the lane we were both turning into.. Meanwhile, this guy's going grapenuts in his car.. He's screaming, waving his hands, blowing his horn, acting like a real jerk.

We pull up to the next light and both stop, with him still behind me.. He's still yelling out the window and blowing the horn and so forth, but at this point, he's actually threatening me. People in cars around us are starting to take note that this guy is losing his shizzle..

The light turns green, but I just sit there, further enraging this moron.. We sit, and sit, and sit, and finally he flings his car door open and starts walking -- somewhat trepidatiously, I'll add -- toward my door.

When he got just about to my window, I simply drove away and left him standing like a jackass in the middle of the road. He threw his hands up in total disbelief as I pulled away, and I just waved.

All the horns and yelling were directed at HIM by then. He ran back to his car and I never saw him again..
big_smile.png

He was a little guy, too.. I'm like 6'1"/260, so he's lucky that I'm just sarcastic and and not genuinely mean.

smile.png

Quote:
This is the type of behavior that motivated me to start this thread. While the idiot honking/going nuts is not right, your little power play not only inconvienced the one behind you but all the other drivers on the road. He caused one problem w/you while you (by your own words) inconvienced MANY drivers, so who is worse?

I like the folks who slow down in bad road conditions, as they should. I really like the ones who just drive normally!
big_smile.png

Since maturity took over and the gas prices soared, I now drive around 52 in a 55, whereas before I used to drive a steady 4-5 miles over the speed limit.

On interstates of 70 mph, I usually try to keep it around 65 or so.

I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy my life, as life rushes by fast enough the way it is. I live in a beautiful area and I really enjoy driving now. When I used to be a speed demon, I was driving on the interstate a lot and just wanted to get there.

I think it's comical when folks assume they are the better, more alert driver because they are driving like a bat out of H-E- double hockey sticks!
lol.png

You all realize that the speed limits have an upper limit(with good reason), but do not include a lower limit?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom