Slow, slow, slow.....

SLow... SLow ... SLow, I once checked into BYC from work no longer since the upgrade the pages just sit there, and barely load.

Too much java sometimes isn't a good thing

I'm on IE7.0 since the upgrade I too have not come to the site as often since I used to because it is so very slow. On and interesting side note, once the page actually loads, the mouse roller ball moves the page up and down faster than using the scroll bar. There's a HUGE delay with everything.

Thanks for the feedback!

While we're working hard to improve performance, the majority of the work is going to improving performance for newer browsers. Think of it this way: If you're using a browser that is 4+ years old, that's like driving a 50 year old car on the freeway and hoping it will keep up and have as few problems as a brand new car. In general it will be slower and have more bugs / issues.

Tech and the internet evolve at lightning speeds. A 4 year old browser is like a 50 year old car, but your driving your browser on the internet superhighway.

We recognize and fully acknowledge there are performance issues, and we're working diligently to improve them. At the same time we encourage anyone on IE 8 or below to upgrade their browser to a newer version and strongly suggest using the newer versions of Chorme or Firefox (IE just isn't a great browser and IE 8 is old and not reliable on today's internet).

OK. I got Chrome and the latest Java and that did speed things up considerably. Note that even if one has chrome, it doesn't work if you start IE!!
Thanks a lot,
N. VA

I use Mozilla Firefox and I have no problems whatsoever. I am actually impress on how this site operates when comparing to other forums.

Last edited:
The administrators are still being highly insensitive to those of us who live in rural areas with SLOW internet connections!!!

Maybe there should be a few less complaints about roosters crowing and a few MORE comments about Universal Access!!!! W3C compliance is a GOOD idea!

P.S. It's not like I'm soft on Roosters either. Two are destined to be Chicken Fricassee for a supper this week possibly along with a _Hunger Games_ episode!!

I usse the newest version of Firefox and everything loads pretty fast. My only problem is I can no longer load photos, it just sits there saying loading content but never does. I was able to load them before the switch with no problem.

I usse the newest version of Firefox and everything loads pretty fast. My only problem is I can no longer load photos, it just sits there saying loading content but never does. I was able to load them before the switch with no problem.

How big are the pics? Are they jpg files? Have you tried leaving the site, clearing your cache and trying again?

Back
Top Bottom