Slugs, worms, wood lice, snails etc etc

So I take it slugs are ok to give to chickens? I wasn't sure cause of the slime, I have more slugs than you could imagine and was hoping between the chickens and ducks they would take care of the huge slug population.

How bad do I feel now! I have been having fun digging up worms for the hens, so funny watching them and I thought this was ok! However am already planning a flubenvet feed next week so that's good right?

How bad do I feel now! I have been having fun digging up worms for the hens, so funny watching them and I thought this was ok! However am already planning a flubenvet feed next week so that's good right?

No reason to feel bad. It is just best to not increase the chances. Chickens are going to pick up a variety of things naturally on range. That is why I worm twice a year. I've never used Flubenvet since I live in the states. I've heard it is a good broad spectrum wormer though.

I know you can use flubenvet & still eat the eggs. Can't you order online it's not expensive, I only have 7 hens & the bag of layer pellets with per mixed flubenvet in it is 10kg bag, not sure about delivery cost though. Anyway ya just feed them this for 3/4 days & it's done.

A rule I've always followed is two weeks after the last dose. I use Valbazen (Albendazole) or Safe-gaurd (fenbendazole) oral dosage via syringe twice, 10 days apart. I've found them to be easy to administer, but can be time consuming when doing a flock of 30 or more birds. I've used Wormazole liquid mixed in feed also. I've used others, but those are common in the states.

Last edited:
Did anyone read the last paragraph? It said to check with a vet to make sure you get the right meds and that your bird are even sick. Why risk your flock by dosing with possibility harmful chemicals?

I personally would prefer to worm my hens 2 per year as prevention, once they have worms that's not good for them. Flubenvet is the most recommended here. That's just my thoughts however.

Back
Top Bottom