SLW - ROO or too early to call? 3 weeks! Ack! =) UPDATE - 18wks

Quote:
YEAH!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Thanks for posting an update! My 2 SLWs that we were unsure about are girls, too!
big_smile.png

I will post a pic this evening if she's up for it - it's dark by the time I get home. Just thought to update this thread since I commented on someone else's SLW today.
smile.png

My vote would be a pullet!
smile.png
I had 12 SLW's and the roos had much larger, redder and defined combs and wattles then yours.
Also, the coloring looked just like yours do now. The lacing has really started to show now, at 9 weeks.

My SLW did just the same as yours - comb turning pink waaaay early - like, a week old - I was dead set that she was a rooster, but nope! I'm going to start laying eggs! And I breathe a sigh of relief.

The poor thing was ugly as sin until she started getting her big girl feathers in though. When she first started getting her feathers her lacing was backwards, and I was pretty confused - but it all straightened itself out in the end and all is well.

I'll put a pic up this weekend - was trying to get one this morning, but I leave and come home when it's dark so they are all roosting.
smile.png
But I'm pretty sure it's a girl at 17 weeks. her comb and wattles are still tiny and are just now starting to redden up a bit. And oh joy, they are all visiting the nest box! (no eggs yet, but maybe in a month or so I hope!).

Ok here's the update. Lacey at exactly 18 weeks. I think I am pretty sure she's a girl.
tongue.png
Anyone disagree? She sure did have me worried with that red comb so early!

P1010135.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom